Initial Certification: This one day (5 hour-including range time) class is the state mandated class needed to obtain your Texas Concealed Handgun License. Once you successfully complete this class and submit all of the required documents to TXDPS you may be issued your license in as soon as 60 days.
Steps to get your license:
1. Sign up for class;
2. Go to the Texas Department of Public Safety web page and complete the appropriate forms. Be sure and print the online check list with barcode from the TXDPS web site.
3. Download the proper forms;
4. Pay TXDPS $140.00 license fee;
5. Schedule a fingerprint appointment with L1, cost for fingerprints is $10.00;
6. Print off and bring to class a CHL-16, and
7. Bring all of your materials to class. At the end of class you will receive a CHL-100 form that you will need to send to TXDPS.
Note: At the end of the class there is a required 50 round qualification with your weapon. This class does not teach you how to shoot or operate a firearm. If you are unfamiliar with your weapon or do not know how to use it we can teach you how in one of our other classes. You must send payment for the class with your registration form to reserve your spot. Caliber should be .32 or larger.
Cost New License: $75.00 (5 Hour Class, Including Range Time)
|*||Appropriate clothing for the weather. Shorts are not acceptable range attire.|
|*||Closed Foot Wear, shoes or boots.|
|*||Magazines for your weapon|
|*||Ammunition, 50 rounds for qualification – minimum|